Friday, January 30, 2009

Is There a Cure for Food Obsession?

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to NOT obsess about food? What it would be like to not have cravings or to spend so much time thinking about food and what you will eat and when you will eat it? Or never be tempted to overeat? Or what it would be like to not struggle and fight all day against eating too much or eating bad foods?

I’ve thought about it.

I have thin friends who don’t obsess over food. They don’t track their calories or keep a food log. They eat only when they’re hungry (which doesn’t seem very often), eat very small portions, and stop as soon as they’re full. My one friend told me she actually has to remind herself to eat. I have to remind myself not to eat.

What makes the difference? Why is one person so consumed with food while the other person only thinks of food when her belly growls?

I don’t have the answer. (Wish I did.) I do know that those of us who struggle with food must continue to fight every day or food will win the battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment