Wednesday, February 18, 2009

More Tea, Please

I grew up next door to my grandparents. As a little girl, I spent a lot of time with them. One of my sweet memories is the many summer evenings I spent sitting with them on their front porch sipping tea. My grandma would pour a little of her tea into her saucer for it to cool then give it to me to drink. That could by why to this day I love tea, especially mint varieties.

Every day I drink about three cups of herbal tea. It’s not only because I enjoy the flavor, but it is one of the little “helpers” that keeps my food consumption in line. 1.) It’s flavorful. Water is great, but sometimes I just want taste. 2.) It’s healthy. I don’t have to worry about all the additives and artificial stuff. 3.) It’s hot. Drinking something hot helps fill me up and get me through munchy times.

If you haven’t checked out the tea section at the grocery store recently, you might want to give it a glance. The varieties are amazing: blueberry (which I love), tangerine, raspberry, cinnamon apple, almond, lemon, and all assortments of mint. There are even teas to help with weight loss, tension, and sleep.

I indulged in vanilla maple black tea with a little Splenda for sweetness. Mmmmm. Tasted sinful.

Happy sipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment