Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Problem or Possibility

People’s mindsets tell me a lot.

Those who really want to lose weight and are of a “mind” to do it, find the possibility to eat right and exercise in every situation. Those who aren’t ready to make healthy changes find the problem for why they can NOT eat right and exercise in every situation.

Let me show you the difference. Both the problem thinker and the possibility thinker work from 8 to 5, pick up their kids from afterschool activities, and begin making dinner as soon as they arrive home.

Problem thinker (not ready to make the changes, but isn’t admitting it to me and maybe not to herself either). “I just don’t have time to exercise. I have to get my kids off to school then get to work, and I don’t get home till late. We don’t even eat dinner until 7:00. Then I’m so tired there’s no way I could exercise. And I don’t have time to make special food for myself either. I just have to eat what the kids eat.”

Possibility thinker (totally motivated to change). “I don’t have much time, but if I get up a little earlier I could at least walk for 20 minutes on the treadmill before I shower, and when the weather’s nice, I can walk during my lunch break. Come to think of it, if I make dinner in the oven, I could exercise while it’s baking. Oh yeah, I found some really great healthy recipes that my whole family enjoys. I always make extra too so I can take leftovers for lunch the next day.”

If someone really wants to change, she will find a way to turn problems into possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment