Friday, March 6, 2009

Body Image Balance

I guess I assumed that thin, in-shape people feel really good about their bodies.
But it seems that everyone has a chink in their body image somewhere.

I was working out with a lady – she’s very attractive, skinny, and fit. She wanted to learn a new leg routine to help build her glute muscles. She said, “My gosh, I have no butt. I look like a boy.”

The conviction she said this with surprised me. She’s so fit without an ounce of body fat that I would never have guessed she had any issue with her body.

Later that same day, I was training a client. She is overweight, but she is such a beautiful lady. She’s been struggling with her diet. I told her, “I really want you to get on track because you are so beautiful. Do you realize how gorgeous you are?”

She shook her head and looked down, “No.”

Somehow in knowing we have areas to work on, we still have to strike a balance with confidence. We can’t let the “chink” so blind us that all we see in the mirror is our flaw. All of us have beautiful things about us.

So in working on your body, work on your body image too. Don’t concentrate so much on the “bad” that you lose sight of all the good things you have going for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment