Monday, January 5, 2009

Miserable Run

Today was just one of those days that I didn’t feel like exercising. I even contemplated taking a day off (which I do about once a year).

My hamstrings are really sore from my workout yesterday. I’ve had a nagging headache. And I’m tired from a busy weekend. The weather for an outside run isn’t too encouraging either. Cloudy and gray skies, about 40 degrees, and a damp wind.

Well, I looked at the clock and thought to myself, “You know what you’d tell your clients. You’d say, ‘Don’t ask yourself whether or not you want to exercise. Just do it.’” With that in mind, I put on my running shoes and sweatshirt and headed out the door.

I have to admit it wasn’t a “good” run and I didn’t feel better once I started. It was struggle. But that’s okay. Some days are like that. Even so, I feel really good about exercising, getting my heart rate up, sweating, and working those doggone hamstrings.

Like I always say, “Don’t ask yourself if you want to exercise. Just do it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment